Nursing Instructor - Normandale Community College
Classification: Unlimited, full-time faculty Salary Range: Salary placement is dependent on education and experience.
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND THE NURSING PROGRAM AT NORMANDALE
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications. We encourage applicants to address their experience working with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds as part of their cover letter. The nursing program at Normandale Community College is seeking a full-time faculty member. The individual selected for the position will provide student instruction in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting. We champion the development of our faculty and welcome applications from clinically experienced nurses new to the academic setting. We are an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited program with full accreditation through 2024. Normandale nursing students are dually admitted to Metropolitan State University to provide access to a BSN education. Normandale Community College is striving to achieve Equity 2025, closing all equity gaps for students of color by 2025. The individuals selected for this position will be expected to advance this goal through culturally responsive teaching, identifying barriers to success for students of color, and proposing effective solutions to eliminate those barriers. Individuals who do not have a background in culturally responsive teaching will be expected to complete the College’s training.
Teaching responsibilities will include:
• Teach a broad spectrum of nursing courses in day, evening, and alternate schedule formats utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods and virtual learning environments
• Teach in an inclusive and equitable manner to a diverse student body
• Provide instruction and advising to nursing students
• Provide quality instruction that incorporates a variety of current teaching techniques and pedagogies that positively impact the student and discipline of nursing
• Maintain ongoing professional development activities that support the college mission, the discipline of nursing, and the student
• Actively engage in college service, department activities, and student support
• Participate in program review and/or accreditation efforts
• Design and deliver instruction that incorporates technologies that advance learning
• Master's degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing, or a nursing clinical specialty
• Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level
• At least one year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The residency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license
• Experience teaching geriatrics, mental health, or medical–surgical nursing
• Recent clinical practice experience
• Past involvement with curriculum development in the academic, community, or clinical areas • Experience in learner assessment and evaluation
• Evidence of professional development related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Ability to work with a diverse student body and diverse patient population
• Experience designing and teaching curricula responsive to the needs of historically underrepresented and/or marginalized students
• Experience using multi-modal approaches and student-centered pedagogy to meet the needs of first generation, immigrant, and low-income students
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow and learn and advance all the while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; paid personal and sick leave; employer-paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts and retirement savings plans. Additional benefits include tuition waivers available for employees and certain dependents, once qualifying criteria are met.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP. This position is also part of Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF). The collective bargaining agreement outlines many additional benefits provided. For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure available from MMB.
The vacancy is posted online from Monday, February 14, 2022 until filled
HOW TO APPLY
• Please apply online https://normandale.peopleadmin.com/postings/1735
• Upload (attach) a cover letter that specifically addresses how your qualifications align with the requirements of this position; and
• Upload (attach) current resume.
• Upload(attach) unofficial/official college transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening)
Note: Official academic transcripts may be requested from those invited for an interview.
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.